Beijing Declaration of China & Pakistan Media Forum
（April 17th, 2018. Beijing）
At the time of the fifth anniversary of the Belt & Road Initiative put forward by Chinese President Xi Jinping in 2013, China's Guangming Daily, Pakistan's Jang Media Group and All Pakistan Newspapers Association held the China & Pakistan Media Forum in Beijing, China on April 17th, 2018. The subject of the forum is Belt & Road Initiative and the Building of a Community with a Shared Future for China and Pakistan.
The China & Pakistan Media Forum is a platform for the media from China and Pakistan to cover and discuss topics of interest to the audiences from both countries. Through keynote speeches and presentations, interactions and communication in various ways at the forum, we have reached the consensus as follows:
1. We believe that the building of a community with a shared future for mankind proposed by President Xi Jinping reflects the brand new pursuit of human social values, and meets the requirements for development. It is under this idea that the Belt & Road Initiative offers opportunities for deeper cooperation among countries along the routes in the new era and injects energetic driving forces to the development of the whole world. The Belt & Road Initiative is an important measure to realize the notion of a community with a shared future for mankind. We will conform to the trend of the times and promote world peace and development.
2. We propose that, in line with the spirit of the Silk Road, which is peace and cooperation, openness and inclusiveness, mutual learning and mutual benefit, the media from China and Pakistan cooperate with each other to make comprehensive, truthful, accurate, objective and fair news reporting and play a constructive role in promoting mutual understanding and trust in the process of communication and interaction between people of the two countries.
3. We believe that through the China & Pakistan Media Forum, we could deepen mutual understanding, expand consensus, enhance cooperation and achieve win-win progress between the mainstream media in China and Pakistan. Strengthening the communication and cooperation between the media from China and Pakistan is an essential way to bring our two peoples closer to each other. The China-Pakistan Economic Corridor is an important project under the Belt & Road framework, which requires full understanding of the people from both countries. The media of China and Pakistan share a social responsibility in this regard and need to provide positive energy.
4. We promise that we will consolidate the present media cooperation between China and Pakistan and promote dialogues, personnel exchanges, shared information and technology progress through our common efforts. We would make this Forum fruitful and keep the media cooperation between China and Pakistan vigorous and vibrant.
5. Communication and cooperation between the media of China and Pakistan are flourishing. To build a community with a shared future for China and Pakistan and promote the friendship between the two countries, the media of China and Pakistan participating in the Forum are ready to play their role as a witness, a practitioner and a contributor.